Your Guitar Place
Your Guitar Place Home
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups Setup Revenue SharingSetup Revenue Sharing  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

downloading pod x3 patches

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Your Guitar Place Forum Index -> Site Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
erniepaul21

YGP Points: 3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:30 am    Post subject: downloading pod x3 patches Reply with quote

what program should I use to download line 6 pod x3 patches? What is an l6t file? thanks Crying or Very sad

----------
erniepaul21's YGP Site

Hot Tubes
Premium Member
Premium Member

YGP Points: 1152

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:41 am    Post subject: Patch download Reply with quote

Hi Ernie and welcome to the site.

You dont need any special software to download X3 patches, if you want to download patches (.l6t) files from this site just make sure your logged in and go to the "View all Patches" option on the main ygp page, you can then view the patches and click on download for the ones you want.

A patch or .l6t file is a collection of parameters which instructs your X3 what settings to set up when you select the patch.

You will need Gearbox to transfer the patch to your X3 though.

Hope this helps

Cheers ..............Tubes

----------
Hot Tubes's YGP Site

kc_pod
YGP Member
YGP Member

YGP Points: 1667

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:16 pm    Post subject: Downloading and opening patches from you guitar place Reply with quote

Just get Gearbox from the line6.com site. Click the download link on any patch when you have Gearbox running on your computer & it will open.

KC

----------
kc_pod's YGP Site

MrDeath

YGP Points: 4

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I ask for some more info, cause i just downloaded gearbox but i can't add the patches downloaded from here.

----------
MrDeath's YGP Site

kc_pod
YGP Member
YGP Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: downloading patches to Line6 gearbox software Reply with quote

MrDeath wrote:
Can I ask for some more info, cause i just downloaded gearbox but i can't add the patches downloaded from here.

Hi & welcome to the site.

If you already downloaded the patch:
- Connect and turn on your Line6 device (PODX3, Toneport...)
- On the Gearbox top menu (the main window, not the Hardware Memory window) click 'File' then 'Dual Tone', then 'Open'.
- Browse to the folder you saved the patch to & double click it.
The patch should then load to your Line6 device.

To open patches directly from YourGuitarPlace.com:
- Connect and turn on your Line6 device (PODX3, Toneport...)
- Open Gearbox.
- Login and go to the page on yourguitarplace.com that has a patch to download.
- Click on the 'Download' link next to the patch description.
- Then click 'Open' when the windows dialog box pops up.
This should load the patch to your Line6 device and in Gearbox.

Hope this helps.
KC

----------
kc_pod's YGP Site

MrDeath

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for the quick answer. I actually been doing the same by clicking twice on the downloaded patches, but it gives me a gearbox error "DSP failed to load model correctly, you may not hear the selected model. Reason (Code 8000900c) MIDI device timed out waiting for response." and it really gets me the patch but only its name Sad . I got the patch lets say metallica but it is only the name, the patch is a regular clean x3l patch with a little drive. I would really appreciate a little more help. Thanks again!

----------
MrDeath's YGP Site

kc_pod
YGP Member
YGP Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: midi time out error gearbox Reply with quote

I've also been getting a similar time out message from Gearbox when it's loading the patches from my X3. Usually if I keep trying it eventually works. I don't think it's a problem with the patches, but rather a USB connection to Gearbox problem.

If you are using a USB Hub, try plugging directly into the computer's USB. You could also try a different USB cable if you have one. Just some ideas???

Please let us know if you find a solution.

KC

----------
kc_pod's YGP Site

MrDeath

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure will. As soon as i manage to deal with this. Im not using a hub, but i don't remember when it told me that my memory is not updated and gearbox may not function correct. I hope that this will be the problem. But here is another one, i diden't updated the memory cause it told me that i need to be connected by a usb cable and i was hahah dumb machines, anyway i'll try to solve the problem with the updating and we will see...

----------
MrDeath's YGP Site

naoba

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello evryone this is my first post and have come with a lotsa problems Laughing .... hope i will find help here..

i am facing the same problem... did anyone manage to solve the problem" DSP......blah blah....MIDI..."

One more prob... when i connect it to my Laptop (gearbox)..it starts giving noise..cant even hear my guitar.. is this a USB problem.. what can i do now.. i have installed gearbox in two laptops and tried it.. both gives the same problem...

----------
naoba's YGP Site

kc_pod
YGP Member
YGP Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: DSP failed to load model correctly Reply with quote

Hey naob, welcome to the site,

A few things that have worked for other people:

- Make sure to update your POD to the latest firmware through Line6 Monkey.

- Make sure you aren't using a usb hub or extension cable.

- Try unplugging all other USB devices from your computer.

- Try a different USB CABLE.

If nothing works try returning the unit to where you bought it, if possible.

Good luck,
KC

----------
kc_pod's YGP Site

naoba

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanx for replying..

i find the last one a bit scary: "If nothing works try returning the unit to where you bought it, if possible. "

esp since i bought it from singapore and i am currently residing in india..

will any authorised line6 dealer attend to this kind of problem...

i am using only one USB port for X3 on my comp.. so i guess i have done whatever i cud frm my side.. and i have also downloaded the latest line6 monkey.. ( even though i have no idea what it is Very Happy ).. i have gearbox and monkey installed.. what else do i need.. what is FARM ??..

sorry i have asked too many Qs..?? hope u wont get frustrated..

----------
naoba's YGP Site

kc_pod
YGP Member
YGP Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: line6 monkey and authorized dealers Reply with quote

Naoba,

Don't hesitate to ask questions! I'm not an expert with the hardware stuff, but I'll try to help. Embarassed

It's important that you understand the Line6 Monkey part. Run Line6 Monkey with your Line6 device connected. Make sure everything under 'Updates' has a green check next to it.

What operating system is on your computers? Only Gearbox 3.64 or 3.70 will work with Windows Vista.

What Line 6 device are you using?

I'm not sure about Line6 authorized dealers in other countries. Try asking the question on the Line6 technical support site:
http://line6.com/support//index.jspa

POD Farm is software you can use as a plugin in your recording software. I wouldn't install that until you get these other problems fixed.

Good luck & check back if you get it fixed (or not) Crying or Very sad

KC

----------
kc_pod's YGP Site

naoba

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh its working.. i mean i can use the patches after updating all the softwares thru line6 monkey...whewwww..

but i still have the noise problem.. even if i turn down the master/tone volume.. it gives a loud buzz... i dont know where it has gone worng.. hopefully it is a USB problem..

if i get it resolved i will surely let you know how i fixed it (see being a lil optimistic here Cool ..

thanx Kc...

----------
naoba's YGP Site

naoba

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its vista OS... intel Core2duo... and i am using gearbox 3.7... Sad

----------
naoba's YGP Site

MrDeath

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there again. Maybe the fortune hates me i don't know but i can't connect my x3live with my pc. I install drivers i got gearbox but my pc can't recognize it. Im done with that i just can't try anymore so i want to ask if there is or if someone can make some of the patches in text so i could use some of them Sad ?

----------
MrDeath's YGP Site

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Your Guitar Place Forum Index -> Site Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: