Your Guitar Place
Your Guitar Place Home
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups Setup Revenue SharingSetup Revenue Sharing  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oops!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Your Guitar Place Forum Index -> Site Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snenoc

YGP Points: 2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Oops! Reply with quote

Is there anybody out there?
Just got my X3 and enjoying it.
I have run into an issue that I could use some help with please.
I am in the infant stages with this unit, and while tweaking some settings, I must have turned on a global sort of echo that has attached itself to all my presets. It is an annoying little repeater that is short and seems to be linked to stereo... panning somehow, A mild crunch has jumped on board as well.
I have gone to the control from the home switch and did a reset several times and have been unsuccessful in getting it off.
I've been able to dl patches and get everything else running pretty well on this unit, but I miss my cleans!
To be honest I'm not sure what the right question would be to get this taken care of.
Thanks in advance for any pushes in the right direction

----------
snenoc's YGP Site

kc_pod
YGP Member
YGP Member

YGP Points: 1667

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:07 pm    Post subject: PODX3 problems Reply with quote

Hi,

How are you monitoring the X3? There really aren't any global settings on the PODX3 that would affect delay or gain. I'm thinking it has something to do with what your listening to the POD through (head phones...)

Let us know if you find it!
KC

----------
kc_pod's YGP Site

snenoc

YGP Points: 2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject: Strange Reply with quote

Thanks for replying;
I am running straight into a stereo tube amp thru XLR's.
The strange thing is, after posting, the small echo and "dirt" just stopped by itself. The unit seems to be functioning the way it's supposed to.
Trying to retrace any steps at this point with my limited knowledge of the unit is just not there.
I'll probably "happen" upon it down the road a bit.
I am also trying to solve a volume issue. I have a GNX4, which also has awesome tone, that I have been using in all the live things I do. So far I've been in the house system, but will be using my amp soon for bigger venues.
The GNX4 literally screams thru the 120 watt tube amp. The X3 does not push much on it at the same settings. There is 20db of push coming from the GNX4!
I'm thinking about going into the master effects of my Quad X to get the gain I'm looking for, It would give me 2 clean channels to run the X3 over. Haven't had much time to try this idea yet
Any suggestions or experience with this kind of setup?
Again..thanks
Ian

----------
snenoc's YGP Site

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Your Guitar Place Forum Index -> Site Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: