Your Guitar Place
Your Guitar Place Home
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups Setup Revenue SharingSetup Revenue Sharing  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Uploading a photo to a folder but it's too large

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Your Guitar Place Forum Index -> Site Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stumpsout
Guitar Hero
Guitar Hero

YGP Points: 251

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:01 am    Post subject: Uploading a photo to a folder but it's too large Reply with quote

Hey, just wondering if anyone knows how I can make my photo a smaller size? I uploaded a couple to a folder and you can see it is too large to view without scrolling around.

Gosh, I look scary that close Embarassed

----------
stumpsout's YGP Site

gavin1972
Premium Member
Premium Member

YGP Points: 1332

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:34 am    Post subject: chopping a photo Reply with quote

hey buddy i can help there.you need an image editor ie)paintshop or adobe photoshop.in fact any small image editor would be fine.

first you would open your photo with your chosen program and then go to options section.click the CROP button.centre the portion of photo you want and save.OR you can use windows built in image resizer ie

Click to open Windows Photo Gallery.

Click the picture that you want to send in e‑mail.

To e‑mail more than one picture, hold down the CTRL key while you click the other pictures you want.

On the toolbar, click e‑mail.

In the Attach Pictures and Files dialog box, select a picture size from the Picture size list, and then click Attach.

Windows will automatically resize the picture and attach it to an e‑mail message.

any imaging program editor has a picture resizer.here is an easy and free resizer just follow the link and click on image resizer exe located middle and right of the page.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

i hope this helped but im still available if you do require anymore help.gavin.

----------
gavin1972's YGP Site

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Skype Name
kc_pod
YGP Member
YGP Member

YGP Points: 1667

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Resizing images Reply with quote

This is another item on my 'things to do' list for the site. As soon as I can figure it out there will be a max image size which will happen automatically when you upload. In th meantime Gavin gave you a couple of options which work just fine.

----------
kc_pod's YGP Site

stumpsout
Guitar Hero
Guitar Hero

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks guys, I've got photoshop 3 around here somewhere. Smile

----------
stumpsout's YGP Site

kc_pod
YGP Member
YGP Member

YGP Points: 1667

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Fixed file upload resize Reply with quote

I made a change to the site so that uploaded pics will resize. There will be a limit of 480px wide and 300px high.

To change files already uploaded:
- Go to the Media Folder where you uploaded photos on your YGP site.
- Click the 'Edit' link next to the uploaded pic info.
- Click the 'Browse' button to upload the file again from your computer.

That should resize the image. Please let me know if you have any problems with this.

Thanks
KC

----------
kc_pod's YGP Site

stumpsout
Guitar Hero
Guitar Hero

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Successful re-size of photos Reply with quote

thanks KC, that did the trick.
It looks normal size now.
Ya know, it's not that I'm far from good-looking, it's that I'm good-looking from far Laughing

----------
stumpsout's YGP Site

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Your Guitar Place Forum Index -> Site Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: