Your Guitar Place
Your Guitar Place Home
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups Setup Revenue SharingSetup Revenue Sharing  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Up loading JPG's

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Your Guitar Place Forum Index -> Site Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
saulhudson
Premium Member
Premium Member


Joined: 03 May 2008
YGP Points: 714
Location: United Kingdom

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Up loading JPG's Reply with quote

Trying to upload photos to my newly created photo's file, upload seems to go ok, however when it appears finished it just goes back to a blank page saying my site, when you click on media and then to Photo's, it says no files have been uploaded?
I am using the same procedure for loading my audio files and that works fine, but there's no indication as to why they're not uploading, file size is 1.14Mb?
_________________
Take it easy folks!

----------
saulhudson's YGP Site

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
kc_pod
YGP Member
YGP Member


Joined: 25 Oct 2007
YGP Points: 1667
Location: New York

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for pointing this out. I have been able to reproduce the problem. It seems to be an error in resizing the photos, I'll fix it as soon as possible...

----------
kc_pod's YGP Site

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
saulhudson
Premium Member
Premium Member


Joined: 03 May 2008
YGP Points: 714
Location: United Kingdom

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kc_pod wrote:
Thanks for pointing this out. I have been able to reproduce the problem. It seems to be an error in resizing the photos, I'll fix it as soon as possible...


Shocked Wow....there's service for you! Wink
_________________
Take it easy folks!

----------
saulhudson's YGP Site

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
gavin1972
Premium Member
Premium Member


Joined: 31 Dec 2007
YGP Points: 1332
Location: brighton uk

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heres a little freebie program i use to resize pics.it works great and its free


http://www.vso-software.fr/products/image_resizer/



halfway down the page link is a download button

i hope this was helpfull to some of you.
_________________
I Am Free Of All Prejudices I Hate Everyone Equelly !!!!!!

----------
gavin1972's YGP Site

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Skype Name
saulhudson
Premium Member
Premium Member


Joined: 03 May 2008
YGP Points: 714
Location: United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gavin1972 wrote:
heres a little freebie program i use to resize pics.it works great and its free


http://www.vso-software.fr/products/image_resizer/



halfway down the page link is a download button

i hope this was helpfull to some of you.


Cheers gavin, I'll give it a try.
_________________
Take it easy folks!

----------
saulhudson's YGP Site

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
saulhudson
Premium Member
Premium Member


Joined: 03 May 2008
YGP Points: 714
Location: United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Is it gonna be easier to resize, if so what size?
_________________
Take it easy folks!

----------
saulhudson's YGP Site

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
kc_pod
YGP Member
YGP Member


Joined: 25 Oct 2007
YGP Points: 1667
Location: New York

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Resizing pictures Reply with quote

If you resize to a width of less than 480px and a height of less than 300px the resizer should not kick in & you should not get an error. I'm still trying to figure out what happened to this...

----------
kc_pod's YGP Site

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
saulhudson
Premium Member
Premium Member


Joined: 03 May 2008
YGP Points: 714
Location: United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Resizing pictures Reply with quote

kc_pod wrote:
If you resize to a width of less than 480px and a height of less than 300px the resizer should not kick in & you should not get an error. I'm still trying to figure out what happened to this...


Smile Ok I may hang fire on this, and wait to see if you can resolve the issue, I've a few photos and it's gonna be a pain resizing to be honest. Sad
_________________
Take it easy folks!

----------
saulhudson's YGP Site

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
mojito
Shredder
Shredder


Joined: 05 May 2008
YGP Points: 50
Location: Maryland USA

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having the same problems. I canpost some pics but not others I'd rather not have to download any resizing programs. Any othe roptions?
_________________
Too many guitars, Too little time!

----------
mojito's YGP Site

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
saulhudson
Premium Member
Premium Member


Joined: 03 May 2008
YGP Points: 714
Location: United Kingdom

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mojito wrote:
I am having the same problems. I canpost some pics but not others I'd rather not have to download any resizing programs. Any othe roptions?


Very Happy Yo Moj', I downloaded the downsizer and it's a great little tool, I just check the dimensions of the original pic I'm gonna downsize and then divide the figures by three or four to get the file small enough for upload, the freshly downsized pic goes direct to wherever the original is so you don't have to hunt around for the damn thing either. Wink
_________________
Take it easy folks!

----------
saulhudson's YGP Site

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
kc_pod
YGP Member
YGP Member


Joined: 25 Oct 2007
YGP Points: 1667
Location: New York

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Uploading large photos resize solved! Reply with quote

This thing's been kicking my butt for weeks but I finally solved it! The photo resizing is working again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I also tweaked a few settings on the server which will hopefully improve uploading large files in general.

Thanks for reporting the problem.

KC

----------
kc_pod's YGP Site

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mojito
Shredder
Shredder


Joined: 05 May 2008
YGP Points: 50
Location: Maryland USA

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saulhudson wrote:
mojito wrote:
I am having the same problems. I canpost some pics but not others I'd rather not have to download any resizing programs. Any othe roptions?


Very Happy Yo Moj', I downloaded the downsizer and it's a great little tool, I just check the dimensions of the original pic I'm gonna downsize and then divide the figures by three or four to get the file small enough for upload, the freshly downsized pic goes direct to wherever the original is so you don't have to hunt around for the damn thing either. Wink


I bit the bullet too, works pretty good!
_________________
Too many guitars, Too little time!

----------
mojito's YGP Site

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Your Guitar Place Forum Index -> Site Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Remove cookies set by this forum
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group